Introduction to Cookies
What are Cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small file containing letters and numbers that can be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. They are created when you access certain websites. Cookies collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour in an anonymous form. They allow a website to recognise users when they return to a site. You can be assured that shopping with us is safe and secure.
Usage of certain cookies on our site is essential to it working fully. A number of important parts of this website will not function if cookies are not enabled.
You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information.
What Cookies are used on our site?
A number of different types of cookies are used on our site.
Please see below for the category types, associated cookies are and what they do.
Cookies needed to shop
A number of cookies used by us are necessary to enable you to use the basic pages of our website and carry out a purchase.
||The cookie stores the website session ID meaning that the session and activity associated to the session can be identified. Nothing on the website would work without this.
||The cookie enables you to access secure pages on our site. Without this any secure content such as signing in and checking out cannot be completed.
Cookies to enable key functionality
In addition to cookies required to use basic functionality, further cookies are needed to help you use functionality we consider as very important on our website.
||This enables you to use our share bag facility in order to shop across different websites.
||This is needed so you can use our automatic sign in facility and verify your sign in.
3rd party Cookies
There are a number of cookies we use that we do not own or control. The company in question controls how their cookies are set.
|Various cookies are used by the list of companies listed that are needed to perform various tasks such as displaying secure images, tracking customer behaviour usage and statistical gathering.
Cookies to present targeted advertisements
In order to present relevant adverts we think you may be interested in, certain cookies are used to facilitate this. These are detailed below.
|These cookies are used to track DoubleClick campaign activity that we operate via pre-site paid search advertising and post-site targeted adverts.
To get the most out of your experience with using our website cookies should be enabled. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies with the standard installation settings. If cookies are not set to work on your browser the result could mean the performance of this website will be affected and will also restrict your usage of this website which may mean you are unable to buy anything from us.
You are able to check to see if cookies are enabled specifically for PCs by doing for following for each browser type:
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0
- Click on "Tools" at the top of your browser window (use the cog icon in IE 9.0 & 10.0) and select "Internet options".
- Click on the "Privacy" tab
- Under the Settings section check the level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser.
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies and could cause the site to function not as we would expect.
- Click on the spanner icon found at the top of the browser screen.
- Now choose "Settings".
- If not already chosen click on the "+Show advanced settings" link at the bottom.
- Just under the Privacy section click on the "Content settings..." button.
- You now have a choice to either disable all cookies by ticking "Block sites from setting any data" or disable only 3rd party cookies by ticking ?Block third-party cookies and site data?.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Click on "Tools" at the top of your browser window and select "Options".
- In the popup window select the "Privacy" option.
- Now under the History section click the drop down box alongside "Firefox will:" and then choose "Use custom settings for history".
- You now have a choice to either disable all cookies by unticking "Accept cookies from sites" or disable only 3rd party cookies by unticking "Accept third-party cookies".
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the "Preferences".
- Click on "Security", then check the option that says "Block third-party and advertising cookies".
- Click "Save".
Any other browsers not mentioned including Smart Phones, Tablets and Macs
If you use a browser not mentioned above or a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet please use either their help section or own website to check the cookie settings.
As mentioned previously we use specialised 3rd party analytics partners. One of our analytics partners is Coremetrics. You can opt out from having your data collected by Coremetrics. A further analytics partner we use is Celebrus. You can opt out from having your data collected by Celebrus.
Advertising Cookie use on other websites
By using cookies on our website, we are able to see the products and services you are interested in when you are browsing it. If you later view certain selected third party websites, we are able to provide advertisements relating to those products and services that you are interested in. A company called Criteo provides this service to us. Criteo do not obtain any personal information about you. The advert could appear in different formats such as this example:
Our aim is to present to you, relevant products at a competitive rate via the third party. If your decision is not to display this type of advertising you are able to opt out of this service either by 2 methods. Firstly by clicking the "i" symbol found in the corner of the actual advert or secondly visiting the behavioural advertising website. Here the site will run a check to see what your current cookie status is set to and how to change that status. Also the website gives you information specifically around how advertising works online.
Both these methods will set your browsing device. If you decide to remove all your browser information including cookies the adverts will appear again as the information will have been lost.